My garden lets me breathe

I can grow roses, lilies and evening
-scented stocks.

I can marvel at the flowers slowly taking shape on my blue wall.

I can blend colours with abandon and smudge away the sad memories.

I can dream of a time when someone will come along and hold my hand and love me just as I am.

45 thoughts on “My garden lets me breathe

And you, dear Kate, let so many of us breathe too–in positive, heart-expanding ways. So congratulations because you’ve won a blogging award, which you can read about at bloomingwriter (http://tinyurl.com/2foh9n). We love you just the way you are, too. 🙂

Hi Kate! Congratulations on your blogging award — I just read about it in Jodi’s comment above mine. This is so AWESOME and you totally deserve it!!!!!! Moose and I are so happy for you! We love you just the way you are, too! And we also love your blue wall with the gorgeous stenciled flowers and all the amazing plants and flowers in your garden.:)

3. sagaciouspines says:

It’s interesting how this post encompasses the aspects in the title of your blog.The roses and lilies from the Earth.Painting the flowers on the blue wall on the side of your house.Smudging out the sadness and dreaming in life.Touching…

Hi Kate, You “grow, marvel, blend, and dream” and while you’re doing this you become stronger and more sure of your own worth. Instead of dreaming of someone, “know” that you will meet this person. Prepare for it!The beautiful, fulfilling, and nurturing things you’ve written about are there to ease you in your journey. Alysa

5. smilnsigh says:

Hi and Hello Kate! You visited my blog and commented and thus, I have found you and yours. Isn’t bouncing around in blogs, fun? And isn’t leaving comments in them, marrrrvelous? :-)And btw, our first Granddaughter is named Kate. Naturally, we love the name!Mari-Nanci

Kate, you aren’t only a skillful gardener, but a fantastic artist and poet!We love your multi-talents.

7. Magic Cochin says:

That painted trellis must be such fun to work on – I love to draw interlacing patterns – they are very theraputic.Celia

8. Kati says:

I have no idea why I haven’t found my way to your blog before! Your poetic/artistic sensibility is a gift to us all. I’ll be back often, Kate. Thanks for stopping by my blog too. And listen, there is already more love for you in this world than you might be aware of! The poet Rumi says: Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. Judging by the comments here before me, you do have a lot of people who love you and more to come!!

9. Nancy J. Bond says:

Congratulations on your award, Kate — it will be come a regular and enjoyable read for me. 🙂

10. Kylee says:

Kate, you know I’m a regular reader and have you linked at my blog so I don’t miss anything!This too shall pass and while it’s easy for any of us to say things like that, it’s true. It will. I can remember a time in my life when I would think, “I wish it were a year from now, because I’m pretty sure my life will be back to normal again.” But the journey through that year is how it got back to normal and so, it’s a necessary evil, having to trudge through…You will come out on the other side just fine, I have no doubt. *hugs*

11. LostRoses says:

Kate, I can’t wait to see all the flowers on your blue wall when you’re done painting. You are so talented and what a thrill it must be to bring a vision like that to life! I envy you. Sad memories? We all have them, don’t we? I love this silly Chinese proverb: “You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent their making a nest in your hair.”

12. Ragged Roses says:

Congrats Kate on the award – well deserved. A very moving and beautiful post.KimxThank you for your kind comments.

13. meggie says:

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I always love to meet new people. Your garden is lovely, & the flowers are so pretty.

Kate,You have a lovely blog, and a view of life that is refreshing. I do enjoy visiting it, and I appreciate the comments you’ve left on my blog.

15. susanna says:

Your garden is beautiful, Kate. And your stencils are lovely. I’ve never tried stenciling before. I’m curious to see the entire wall of flowers if it is finished.

16. Cottage Smallholder says:

I love the stencilling on your walls, Kate. What a great idea:). You will have colour right through the winter.Gardening is my therapy too.

Kate, that was a beautiful post. And you ARE loved…by so many of us out here! xoxo

18. Andrea's Garden says:

Dear Kate, so often when I read your blog I can feel the healing you get by writing down your thoughts. I am sure there is someone out there who loves you just as you are! Thanks for sharing. Andrea

What beautiful words, Kate. You are a poet, and an artist! That wall is going to be a stunner. I wish you all that you dream for.

20. kris says:

Beautiful photos, Kate. I love the stencil on your blue wall. I’m sending you a virtual hug – from reading your posts I know what a very special woman you are. I often say that gardening and visiting beautiful gardens (in person and on the blog) feeds my soul – just another way of saying “lets me breathe”

21. Parisienne Farmgirl says:

Oh – i just found your blog and am so happy – quickly scrolled down – what lovely gardens!!! Black salvia- who knew??? I’ll be back!

22. chigiy says:

Kate,I was very moved by your lovely post.You are a vey talented artist, writer and gardener.Your flowers and stencils are inspirational. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your award.

Lovely stencils on the wall, a great way to cheer things up. We all have to do a bit of smudging from time to time, alas. Hope it gets better for you soon Kate!Congrats on your award, it is well deserved.

24. Gretchen says:

I really like your photos. Very beautiful colors.Thanks for showing a bit of your world. 🙂

The blue wall is looking really good, I’m looking forward to seeing it when it’s finished. The sad memories will recede into the distance as time passes and life is always full of wonderful possibilities.

26. Green thumb says:

Congrats on your award dear Kate.The stenciling as always is awesome and I luv the sensitivity with which you express your feelings.I wish the very best in life to you sweet Kate.

27. Cottage Smallholder says:

Hi Kate,I have tagged you for the seven random gardening facts meme as your garden is so beautiful. Follow this linkhttp://www.cottagesmallholder.com/?p=391

28. Alison says:

Wonderful!!! My garden lets me breathe as well, and I suspect it is true for more of us than can be imagined!

29. Marie says:

Hello Kate! You have got a really beautiful garden! Thank you for visiting my blog! Welcome again!

Kate, I love coming here, you are a truly beautiful person and enormously talented. Your garden brings me delight, your words touch me and it means a lot that we get to share our moments.When I came here today I was going to ask you about your blue wall, but you’ve given us a glimpse. Can’t wait for the next one!

31. Naturegirl says:

Love your creativity Kate that blue wall..lovely as are all your blue flowers that you have posted!Our gardens are certainly a place of respite. hugs NG

32. Andrea's Garden says:

hi Kate, I answered your question in my post. If you are taking about the plant in the blue collage, top row, middle it is borage and would be in the same botanical family as Anchusa. Andrea

33. smilnsigh says:

You commented in my blog… that you too would love to visit Normandy and live in a house.. like Shelby’s. Oh my yes.But this is just a weekend and vacation place for Shelby and her daughters. She maintains an apartment in Paris, where she works. No daily commute.Mari-Nanci