Each person posts the rules before their list and then they list eight things about themselves. At the end of the post, that person tags and links to other people; then visits those people’s sites and comments, letting them know that they have been tagged, and to come read the post, so they know what they have to do.
1. I love popcorn … the homemade kind that is slathered in butter with a smidgen of salt. And every summer, along with popcorn, I find myself consuming vast numbers of sunflower seeds. Every summer, I also vow that I will forego my seed-eating activity since I find shells everywhere for months afterward.
2. Jigsaw puzzles are my friends. I am currently working on a series of cat ones that are really cool. I should post a picture of them.
My biggest challenge is keeping Lytton, the big, brown dog, from walking over them, since I always do puzzles on the floor. Maybe it has something to do with all the jigsaws that I have put together over the years with my younger sister, Caroline, and the good memories I have of those times…
3. Since the late 1970s, I’ve collected cool art greeting cards, bookmarks, wrapping paper, stickers, rubber stamps, embossing powders, glitter glues and postage stamps. It’s a bad vice, although they are coming in handy with my latest projects.
4. I think I’ve already mentioned this in a past blog entry, but I find filling wood surfaces and sanding them incredibly therapeutic. This popped to mind since I am covered in sanding dust from my garage wall this afternoon.
Thankfully I discovered sanding and have no doubt saved myself beaucoup de dollars in psychotherapy. And to further my sanding endeavours and as a salve for my broken heart this summer, I invested in a Dremel … now that is one cool little tool because it sands, cuts, polishes and drills and comes with all these cute little attachments.
5. Oh, and I have a mean streak. This past summer, I watched tent caterpillars stripping trees of their leaves and so, when they marched along the fence I was building a trellis on, I simply cut them in half. That didn’t stop their brethren from marching right behind them to meet the same fate. Let’s just hope that I don’t come back as a tent caterpillar in my next life!!
6. For not having a smidgen of interest either in Canadian or in American football, I now have an encyclopedic knowledge of both courtesy of my fourteen-year-old son.
What we mothers sacrifice for the sake of our children, huh? I breathed a huge sigh of relief when my son lost interest in hockey several years’ ago, although, to my horror, I think the interest was rekindled this past NHL hockey season.
7. Since I can remember, I have always had an insatiable desire to read – anything, anywhere, anytime. Never content to read one book at a time, I have stacks of books that I delve into depending on my mood and latest interests.
8. I rarely remember the names of movies I’ve seen, although I doubt I will ever forget The Wind That Shakes the Barley, a film I saw recently. It was powerful beyond words.
Now it’s my turn to tag but I think I will do as GottaGarden, Jodi and Layanee have … if eight people who next read my blog would like to write eight (or seven) random facts about themselves, please do so. Just remember to quote the rules and to keep the tag going!