On world tour – The Girl in the Café

I had not heard of the movie, The Girl in the Café until I read Ingrid’s well-written and interesting blog. Since January 2006, Ingrid has had two copies of the movie circulating around the globe. One copy is currently en route to the US while the other is off to the Netherlands.

After reading more about the movie, I signed up to be part of the world tour. The film’s powerful message is one of ending world poverty and believing in love. I am looking forward to the film’s arrival on my doorstep.

And now it is time to say goodnight from windy Saskatchewan… where the temperatures for the rest of the week should be warm enough to melt the snow!

9 thoughts on “On world tour – The Girl in the Café

1. Ingrid says:

Hi Kate, thank you so much for writing about this. I am sure you will love the film, most people who have already participated do! Best wishesIngrid

2. Alison says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog. We ended up with snow today but I’m sure it won’t be long before I can be in the garden for real, digging and planting, and just generally loving it all!

3. Verena says:

Hi Kate,I haven´t heard from this film, where can I get more information about and have you still seen it?

It’s a great movie, Kate…you’ll love it.By the way…the colcannon and soda bread turned out beautifully. My husband is a really good cook…he used a new recipe for the colcannon that has kale in it…yum!

Thanks for the tip Kate. As you know I live in the Netherlands so I’m going to check it out!

Bill Nighy and Kelly Macdonald? I’ve been a fan of his since Still Crazy and she was one reason I bought Gosford Park. I think this movie is available for rental in Austin – thanks for the review, Kate.Annie at the Transplantable Rose

7. John Curtin says:

Kate, thanks for commenting. Weather has turned here and we are in the middle of a cold snap -3 at night and hard frost but covered with fleece all of what I’ve planted out recently is surviving – fingers crossed!

8. healingmagichands says:

Hi, Kate. I may just have to sign up to be a stop on the tour. I have just spent a pleasant almost half hour over at the blog your referred me to. Isn’t this the trouble with the internet? You just go to the computer to do one little thing and suddenly you have been there an hour.